“ABL’s Small Business Program’s mission is to serve as a comprehensive resource for Asian-American business owners in the Bay Area,” says Mike Pyon, ABL-SF’s Vice President.
Event speakers included: Andrew Ly, President and CEO of Sugar Bowl Bakery, Ted Fang, Executive Director of AsianWeek Foundation, Co-Founder of SF Hep B Free, Rick Gutierrez, Managing Partner of InTune Search and InTune Partners, Bob Linscheid, President & CEO – San Francisco Chamber of Commerce, Brenda Kwee McNulty, Executive Director of the Asssociation of Asian American Bankers.
Some key takeaways from the speakers:
- Andrew Ly underlined the importance of having good company culture, hiring the right employees, being loyal to the right vendors, and treating customers as the real CEO.
- Ted Fang said when acquiring new clients, it is important to bring someone with you to meetings, so you can play up each others strengths and subject matter expertise.
- Rick Gutierrez encouraged everyone to always be networking and not to always hang with the same people. Meet new people and circles and find their center of influence who may be able to introduce you to a business lead or contact.
- Brenda Kwee McNulty said she uses LinkedIn to research people to find more about their roles because titles can sometimes be misleading.
- Bob Linscheid discussed how the SF Chamber of Commerce is the city’s largest business network and how it serves as a great opportunity for many professionals to build connections.
Special thanks to the evening’s sponsors: Recolgy, Sugar Bowl Bakery and venue host PwC. Community partners for the event included: Asian American Bar Association of Greater Bay Area, Asian, Inc., Chinese Real Estate Association of America, Hawaiian Chamber of Commerce of Northern California, Nakayoshi Young Professionals, Small Business Administration – SF District Office, SF Asian Professionals Meetup, San Francisco Chamber of Commerce, Taiwanese American Professionals – SF, and theYoung Filipino Professionals Association For 35 year’s ABL-SF’s mission has been to INSPIRE, CONNECT and ENGAGE leaders within the Asian American/Pacific Islander business community. For more info on upcoming events or to become a member, visit: www.ablsf.org.
For more event photos, click here.